Neurofit for Therapists
The Neurofit concept has been progressed to four major neurological clinics within the country and this course aims to equip you with the tools to develop a similar programme within your working environment. It is a progressive training programme empowering people with a neurological condition to challenge their physical fitness. The programme is run by specialist neurological physiotherapists and qualified personal trainers
Neurofit for Therapists Winter 2017/18
We are now taking bookings for our Neuorfit course running over two weekends 2nd and 3rd December 2017 and 20th and 21st of January 2018. For more information and the application download below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have four tutors on the course bringing together aspects of strength training and how this applies to neurology. The first weekend we will be exploring function training and its role in fitness assessment, but also its use in programme design. The second weekend will be exploring exercise prescription and how to specifically train three areas of strength, cardiovascular, endurance and speed strength. The third weekend we will progress to develop your skills in designing progressive exercise programmes for your clients.
This is a practical problem based learning course. Our aim is for you to have a greater understanding of the different types of strength and how these apply to neurology. This will be achieved by two key note lectures, you completing workshops and exercise groups in each of the different components of strength, to explore your own levels of fitness in each of these areas
· To begin to understand the principles of functional training and movement screening
· To have an understanding and analysis these different types of strength.
· To be able to identify and analyse these different component within yourself.
· To know how to fitness test a client
· To be able to design a strengthening programme for a client with neurological impairment
· To be able to create a neurological exercise group in your work environment